By: Katrina MacAlpine Posted On: May 27th, 2015
GIPPEC will host its first symposium, The Last Year of Life: Beyond Aggresive Interventions or Assisted Dying, Friday, October 2nd, 2015 at the University of Toronto.
A full agenda and registration information will soon be posted at http://www.gippec.org/events/
- To generate interdisciplinary dialogue regarding:
- How death and dying is perceived and managed in modern society
- The allocation of healthcare resources for palliative and end-of-life care
- The appropriate use of medical interventions at the end of life
- Ways to support patients/families facing mortality
- How patients and families facing advanced and terminal disease can navigate complex healthcare systems
We look forward to seeing you in October!